In February I completed a seminar series about Black History Month in America. To culminate the event I had a Black History Month Jeopardy Game.
There was good turnout for the seminar series. More than I expected. We talked about Slavery, the Civil War, Abolition of Slavery, and the Civil Rights movement. People asked many interesting questions and seemed like they wanted to know more.
Here are some pics from one seminar:
Here I am going over slavery and Harriet Tubman
The audience asked great questions
And here are some pics from the Black History Month Jeopardy Game. There were two teams competing for prizes. Here were the categories:
It turned out to be a great game. The teams studied really hard and they got really into it.
Team 1 Strategizing
Team 2 Strategizing
The winners!
Everyone!
Overall I would say that this was one of the highlights of my service thus far. It felt so good to share a piece of America History that I relates to me and my families existence. I will definitely do it again next year, bigger and BETTER!
Be Blessed!


















Ohhh how nice. Look at you!...I only have on complaint. Why wasnt Hampton the HBCU in the pic?...lol
ReplyDelete