Before I left Karaganda for my trip to Shymkent for Nauryz, I celebrated this holiday with teachers at my college. A local restaurant was rented out to host us. Almost everything was spoken in Kazakh, which is weird for being in the center of Kazakhstan, everything is usually spoken in Russian. But this was a Kazakh holiday so....makes sense.
Here are some pics from the event. I had a great time.
So there was a game where we had to walk around in a cirle to the music holding the person's waist in front of you....
They said that we had to hold the waist of the SECOND person in fron of you.
Gettin way to close with co-workers
I had no idea who was holding my waist
Next set of instructions...you guessed it....Hold the waist of the 3rd person in front of you and walk in a circle! lol. Good times. This would never fly with HR in America
Next we had people playing instruments
I have no idea what this is....? lol
Dancing
Dancing
More Dancing
Me and the Director of my college
Me and my Counterpart Samal
Me and some fellow English Teachers
Me and some teachers in traditional Kazakh costumes.
I had a great time.
Be Blessed
















No comments:
Post a Comment