Saturday, April 10, 2010

Taxi From hell!!!!!

I just had the Taxi cab ride from hell!!!!!!! 

So I was hanging out at a friends house in Karaganda. Because it was late (but not really that late...it was lilke 10:30pm) i decided to be a responsible adult and take a taxi home. I mean....it was kinda late....it was dark...So better to take a taxi than public transportation....right??? Thats what we do in New York. It made sense to me.

Anyway. I wait on the street for a taxi. He pulls up. I say how much. He says get in. I say no, how much. He says $500 Tenge. I say 250 Tenge. He says 300 Tenge. I say fine. And we go. Should be that easy right???? Nope!

When I get in he starts asking me all these questions. Not that abnormal. I get a lot of questions. Im the only black girl in my city remember. Right. Ok. So Im like whatever.

Then he starts talking in Russian that I dont really understand. But I do hear the words "Neh-gor" (Nigger) and "sex". So I'm like...WTF. So I start playing that "i dont understand russian" card. So he decides to show me. And proceeds to grab my leg and look behind him while he is driving. Needless to say I slap his hand, tell him no. And he's like "why not". And I want to say" Your a f-ing loser if you touch me again I wil F@!K you up!" But my Russian isnt that great. So I end up saying " I dont want to" "No" "Stop". 

Disclaimer: Im from Brooklyn so I was READY!!  to go down fighting!!!! lol

Luckily it didn't get that far.

The fool is so distracted he didn't remember my address. So he asked me again. And me being the smart girl I am (My parents aint raise no fool!!!!) I didnt say...but I give him enough directions to get me close enough to walk, and far enough that once I cut through certain roads his car couldn't follow. I tell him its "here" he stops the car. Proceeds to try and touch me again. I throw the money at him. Get out the car. Walk very fast as he yell something at me in Russian. I call my sitemate Elena and ask her to stay on the phone with me until I get into my apartment. 

AND IM SAFELY HOME!!!

GOD IS GOOD!

Lesson learned: 1) Call for a taxi instead of picking up one on the street. 2) If your taxi cab driver starts to try and touch you while driving...call someone....and get out right away!!! At the 1st red light! And dont be afraid to WHOOP HIS ASS if you need to....cause I was ready!!! Thank you Brooklyn for the preparation for this moment! lol

Seriously though... Im very safe. He doesn't know where I live. And Im 100% sure I would have put up a good fight. 

Oh...and did I mention that GOD IS GOOD!

Be Blessed!



1 comment:

  1. OMFG Erica! What a creep! Good thing you have plenty of street smarts from your Brooklyn days

    Glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete