So...I just found out that one of my friends died. Her name was Teri and she was diagnoses with breast cancer maybe 2 years ago. For some reason, I was more hopeful about her survival. Which makes her death more shocking and sad. I knew the cancer was spreading, but she was going through therapy and I thought she would beat it. Before I left for Kazakhstan I invited her to go to church with me. I wanted to pray with her. But she felt so sick that Sunday and she cancelled. I didnt get to see her before I left. I am very sad.
Im sad for her family. I keep wondering what she was thinking during her last hours. Was she scared? What is it like to know you are going to die?
Lord...I dont know what your relationship was like with Teri. But I know she was your child and I know you loved her. Take care of her now that she is with you. Comfort her family and friends.
Father...I pray for my family back home. I love them dearly. Watch over them while Im in Kazakhstan. And watch over me so that I can return to them.
I would have went to Teri's funeral if I were in New York and not in Kazakhstan. I would have cried, hugged, and remembered the good times with my Sorority sisters and Fraternity brothers.
Now all I can do is pray....and mourn alone.
Be Blessed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AMEN to your post....I never got to say goodbye either...and you wont be mourning alone...God is with you in everything you do....
ReplyDelete-Soror Stephanie Rivera
I don't want to go without you. This is going to be so hard.
ReplyDelete