Friday, July 24, 2009

Great Devotional :)

I received this devotional from the Upper Room. I spoke directly to me :)

Suggested Bible Reading
Isaiah 65:17-25

Today's Scripture
Isaiah 65:1718

IN anticipation of the upcoming move from my home of 20 years, I carefully collected the seeds of my favorite plants from my beloved garden. After the move, I immediately planted the seeds in the yard of my new house. To my dismay, nothing came up -- because the climate was different and not at all suitable for many of the southern plants whose seeds I had so carefully brought with me. I had moved nearly 700 miles north!

Instead of trying to re-create my old garden, I spent the first summer observing the plants that already flourished in the garden of my new home. Consequently, I was never without glorious blooms for my vases. I decided that the next spring I would create a new garden -- one that was in harmony with the plants that were already established. My new garden would be different but in its own way just as lovely as the one I had left.

I came to see that I too would need to change, in order to adapt to my new community. I trusted God to nurture me through this challenging time. After all, God is the Master Gardener who creates us anew to thrive in whatever location we find ourselves.
Sarah Schaller Linn (Wisconsin, USA)

Prayer
Dear God, give us the wisdom and the patience to watch and wait for your new creation in our lives. Amen.

Thought for the Day
Take delight in the new things God is doing in your life.

Prayer Focus
Those moving to a new home

No comments:

Post a Comment