I haven't started packing yet. Im always a last minute packer. You would think that making a 2 year commitment to live in another country would change that.... but nope.... still haven't started packing. I have my packing list though! I don't think my packing list is that good. But, i guess thats why i have family and friends who can send me things I end up forgetting.
Im having a farewell party and dinner to say goodbye to my friends and family. I think Im going to be sad. I hope not.
Also, my russian isn't that great. In fact....I don't really know anything. Im a little nervous about learning russian, but thats part of the challenge I guess. I cant believe that in 2 years I will be a black woman that knows how to speak russian. Speaking of being black...I trying not to think about how Im going to be treated in Kazakhstan, but once in a while it crosses my mind. Im pretty sure that I will be the only black person out of the 68 of us headed to Kaz. That doesnt really bother me. Its how local people will perceive and react to me that worries me. I probably will be the 1st black person these people meet and I dont know what preconceived expectattions they will have. Peace Corps does its best to help us understand that everyone may not be as open minded, but Im still a lil worried. Oh well. Im from Brooklyn. Im sure I can handle it! lol.
This is a new journey. Im happy for the chance to walk this path. Pray for me.
Be Blessed
Erica

No comments:
Post a Comment